Thursday, July 2, 2020

How can I stop worrying about every little things?

I belong to a family of worriers.
It’s in my blood and bones.
My grandmother fretted about literally everything- money, health, her own granddaughter.
I remember when I was not getting a good alliance for marriage, she would freak out about every rejection.
Looks like she is going to remain unmarried.’
‘Oh God! Please help this girl find someone for her.’
In truth, it worried me too.
I didn’t want to end up like her. So, I always did my best to push my anxieties aside.
But when I got some real sh*t happening in my life, anxiety nearly overwhelmed me.
I exercised, did yoga, meditation, affirmation, and they helped, but on my worst days, I found myself clinging to worry.
Then I read somewhere about benefits of running. I tried doing it slowly.
With time, I was running at a speed that it loosened the stronghold of my worries. I was moving so fast that I couldn’t think.
I could only feel.
It felt like a release.
It felt right.
I gradually started going for more running sessions.
You are not well. You can’t exert your body so much!’ - I can hear my grandmother’s warning. (Though her worry has been true in this case. For months, I have taken break from running. Lol. Hopefully, I will start soon.)
But I try not to worry.
Worry is not safe. It’s a liability.
Running values calmness.
And I am learning to share it’s value.
P.S: Here is something I learned today, ‘Fret’ which means ‘Bother’ or ‘Annoy’.

No comments: